Momtasic

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Days of our lives


We went to the hospital today to get some test done on Baby V. Well it was Horrible, for me, Baby V was fairly calm by the end of it all. He had a renal ultrasound through which he barely cried, all right he bawled for about 3 seconds before he saw the monitor. He also had a VSUG, which was by far the worse experience for me and I imagine the staff as well. First he had to be catheterized, not an easy task, which Baby V enjoyed. Everyone get your minds out of the gutters NOW! Then he had to be held down while they took pictures of his insides. The screaming was so intense that he blew the cathedra out and proceeded to mark his territory all over the room and nurses. We were all standing in knee-deep baby pee and everyone was happy. I don’t know why everyone was so pleased with my little Hercules (he kicked out of all his restraints) but they were and actually encouraged him to take aim at the Dr.’s face. Ah, the joys of being a nurse!

In other news:
I have done it! Now Miss EL and Miss AM get your minds out of the gutter, although I did that too. I have used the Crok-Pot for the first time in 8.5 months. Congratulations are in order.

We also got Baby V knee guards pictures will follow later.

Also I am being given yet another shot of steroids on the 17th at 2:00pm. If you have a special relationship with god please pray that the Dr does not miss. I hate needles; one of the reasons I went without an epidural was because of a fear of needles. Ironic eh? I spent endless hours in pain jus to avoid a needle and now I am willingly going to get the same thing done, without even the benefit of a brand new baby. Yet I think it will be a while before we try for number two. Doubt I can do another 9.5lbs baby anytime soon.

Baby V is in his walker fruitlessly opening and closing the cabinet doors, very cute until we let him out of his walker and he gets into the liquor. As soon as he is down for nap I swear I will baby-proof the kitchen and wash the floors. Please hold me to that promise.

Love,
Me

P.S.
the carpet was DH's choice, I had nothing to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home