Momtasic

Monday, August 29, 2005

Something happened in the Land of Oz on Sunday.



I decided to expand my walking repertoire and walk downtown that fateful morning. Of course the streets were deserted, it was after all Sunday 8am and all normal people without children were sleeping. When I neared our post office a giant lady in red raced across the street towards me. She first asked if I needed a baby sitter, then obviously begged for money. If I did not have Baby V with me I would have told her to shove it, but as she pointed out I had a little helpless baby (so cute and all) so I couldn’t exactly run away. She was asking for $10.00, saying how she needed new shoes (the old ones looked fine) and she hadn’t eaten in 2 days (if I told my dad that and I looked like her he would have told me I could easily got 4 without any loss) and she had already tried to commit suicide. The last statement was what got my blood boiling. Who the hell does that bitch think she is to lie like that, her umm suicide was scratch on her wrists. If she was going to lie why not make it sound believable. Sorry but she had obviously eaten that morning, she smelled of food, had good shoes, and never attempted suicide. Why does she feel the need to lie while getting in my face and demanding money, why not just say, ‘give me money, you have nowhere to run!” Oh I know she couldn’t do that, but hey maybe make something up about diabetes or something, at least then I wouldn’t want to point out that when committing suicide you slice down not across and much deeper, hasn’t she watched any movies? Needless to say I am $5 poorer this Monday. Thank God I did not bring any bigger bills! When she got the five she actually asked for five more, the nerve! Mostly I am mad at myself, but then what could I do? Any ideas? Or should I just avoid downtown when there is no one around?

1 Comments:

  • Dashkin, as much as I want to say that you should have told her to piss off, I wouldn't be able to do it either. So don't be mad at yourself - you just didn't have the heart to tell her she is full of sh*t (in case Baby V is reading, i must censor), and you gave her the $5. The thing that works in NYC is saying "I'm a student, I'm broke too!" so you can try to pull the same thing - "I'm a stay-at-home mother - i dont have money!" But be all friendly like and kinda laugh it off but let her know you aren't giving her money. It just sucks that she thinks she conned you, when really you knew she was lying, you just didn't call her out on it.

    Anyway, I emailed you my weekend update, so check your email :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/29/2005 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home